Aron Smith wrote:
Margot wrote:

Derek Jennings wrote:

On Sunday 31 Aug 2003 9:59 pm, Kaj Haulrich wrote:

On Sunday 31 August 2003 06:46 pm, Lyvim Xaphir wrote:

<snip>

What about representative government?  Haven't they heard
about people that vote?  Is anybody demonstrating or raising a
ruckus as of right now, outside their doors?  There's got to
be something that can be done, surely. (?)

LX

</snip>

Actually there's a demonstration scheduled for tomorrow at the
European headquarters in Brussels, Belgium. Only the European
Parliament is nothing but a *Mickey Mouse*-parliament, a place
where to dump incompetent, fouled-up and compromised politicians
from all over Europe. Wether they cast their ballots for or
against something doesn't matter. The real power lies with the
Commission. And they are a very big target for lobbyists, so go
figure.

Kaj Haulrich.

At a risk of getting dangerously off topic. Can anyone name their European Member of Parliment? I certainly cannot.

Yes. Dr Caroline Lucas (South East England)

What kind of doctor is she, a real Doctor Md or Vet or is she a Named doctor PhD

No mention of medical qualifications on her website, so I assume she is PhD.

Margot