On Wednesday 03 September 2003 11:37 am, Derek Jennings wrote:

> > > like so:?
> > >
> > > postconnect "procmail"?
> >
> > IIRC, I read this, but am not doing it myself.  I would have to research
> > to find the exact command and syntax to make it do this.
>
> If there is no MTA like Postfix or Sendmail listening on Port 25 fetchmail
> will automatically pass the mail to procmail so long as /etc/procmailrc or
> ~/.procmailrc exists.

Yeah, but that is because it is using Procmail as the MDA.  For some reason, I
keep thinking that I read some writeup that said that you could pipe mail
through Procmail with Fetchmail and still have it passed back to the MTA, so
you could filter some mail out before it got to the MTA.

If he really wants to try to do that, I can try to find where that was again.

--
Bryan Phinney
Software Test Engineer