Drew,

> First off is there any thing you need on the Windows partion?

What is on it is very valuable, but more the environment as a whole than
the individual files.  Before installing Linux, I did backup all my
data, project source code, emails, contacts, etc.  So all this is in a
safe place.  However, what I would be badly missing is my whole
development environment.  It is rather complex and a real pain to
setup.  I evaluate that it would take about one week to be back up and
running. So, put shortly, yes it is valuable, but it is not the end of
it all.  I'll do whatever I can to recover it, but in any case "I will
survive!" ;)

> If
> there is try running Knoppix from CD-ROM,this will see all partion on your
> hard drive and let you copy the files to disc or to a FTP server for

This Knoppix really seems intriguing... I'll definitely give it a try.

Thanks,

Mathieu.