On Friday 05 Sep 2003 4:33 pm, Flávio Henrique wrote:
> Hi Anne...
>
> I used Nero...
> I think the Cd it's ok, because in Windows, after I put the cd in
> cdrom the install opens in my screen...
I think it is default behaviour in windows, that if it sees an install
file, it should use it as an autorun.

> Just in boot I can't install...
> But I can try this way too...
> Let me ask you:
> I have the three *.iso files...
> I have to burn it directly in cd ? Doing this, the cd will not have
> only a file Mandrake91_cd1.iso in there ? or  Nero put the content
> of *.iso file in cd ?

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking, but if you do a normal
burn under Nero you will not end up with a bootable install cd.  I
used to use Nero myself, and I do like it, but I can't remember the
exact place to find the setting you need.  However, I'm sure you will
find it.  It's called something like Burn an Image.

By the way - has anyone told you about mdk5sums?  From the place you
downloaded you should get a file that has check sums for each of your
downloads, and instructions on how to use it.  You should run this
against your downloads before trying to burn, because they will tell
you if you have a good clean download that should burn well.  It
saves you a lot of problems in trying to decide whether your disk is
faulty :-)

Anne

--
Registered Linux User No.293302