On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 20:10, John Richard Smith wrote:
> Intel Unveils low-cost Itanium 2 , 64 bit microprocessor
>
> Is linux/Mandrake  into 64 bit architecture , do you know ? , and if so
> which chips are currently best supported ?
>
> John

I really don't understand all of this crap. I like the KISS principle;
KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID

Why bother with 64 bits of anything if a good, hearty 8 will do?

It's all marketing. All this "64bit" stuff and all. Too much bother.
Sounds like something JoeHill would dream up;

"Hey! I smoked something like really honkers and I figured out how to
play solitare with 512k encryption running on a rendering farm of 1024
Itanium based PC's with 1gb of RAM per each CPU - it's like, really cool
man...Freecell flies..."

Bah, humbug. I'd even settle for 4-bit...

stephen kuhn - owner
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com