On Tuesday 09 September 2003 04:48 pm, Networks East wrote:
> I can get my dvd drive to mount and read ok.  It but it will not rip a dvd.
> I use the k3b program.  I am not trying to rip "commercial, copyrited
> dvd's" just some home movies we encoded.  Any thoughts?

You either need to use dd to make an ISO of the DVD, or you need some type of
program that supports ripping DVD's.  Most of the GUI CD burning software,
including k3b don't support the DVD format, if I am not mistaken.  They want
CD's to be under 700MB.

If you are trying to make a copy, I would suggest going the ISO route, easiest
method there is.  If not, you could always mount the DVD and just copy the
individual files off of it.
--
Bryan Phinney
Software Test Engineer