RichardA wrote:

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 22:42:56 +0100, Anne Wilson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Try running mounting auto, rather than supermount, and use KwikDisk.

Tried with and without supermount. And doesn't KwikDisk just automate the mount command?

I don't think this is just a case of supermount being broken. The
previous filesystem to be mounted seems to be'remembered' after it has
been unmounted, which stops a second one being mounted.

Richard

You might try creating a second directory under /mnt and add an additional line to the /etc/fstab for /dev/sdb1. IIRC, the first USB is being seen as SDA1, then when you plug a different one in, it gets assigned SDB1. I'm sure there is some setting to keep it from caching the device, but I don't know what it is. I have the same problem with a USB key and a card reader. Whichever is mounted first becomes SDA1 the other SDB1. Maybe, multiple USB keys do the same.

Joeb