On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 22:38:09 -0500, Joeb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Actually, I just tried this with my smart media reader.  I don't have
> supermount or auto enabled for the device (ie I have to manually
> mount/umount it).  I put in a card and issue a mount /mnt/smedia and
> as expected the card mounts.  I then umount it and put in a different
> card and reissue the mount command and it mounts that card, too.  I
> forget all the details of the original post, but what happens if you
> replace auto with noauto in the /etc/fstab for the device and manually
> mount/umount?
>
> Joeb

I hate fstab. All those optional fields. Isn't there a gui
for it?

Anyway, I had this:

/dev/sda1 /mnt/removable auto
user,iocharset=iso8859-15,kudzu,codepage=850,noauto,umask=0,exec 0 0

Not knowing which auto you meant, I amended the first:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] richard]$ mount /mnt/removable/
mount: fs type noauto not supported by kernel

Hmmm, you must have meant the second.

Actually, I'm much encouraged by the fact that you can swap cards
willy-nilly. It means the problem is with my setup, and not with Linux.
Perhaps a reinstall or some newer hardware will help -- this is a
Celeron 300, on some random cheap motherboard.

Richard
--
"Get up and turn I loose"