It does not seem to shut down if you use the top left x to kill it. Just
ps for the pid (ps -aef | grep kscd) and kill it. Worked for me.

Tony.

-----Original Message-----
From: Frans Ketelaars [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2003 11:29 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] KSCD problem

On Sunday 14 September 2003 17:54, John Richard Smith wrote:
> I cann't figure out what's running in the background and preventing
> me running kscd ,
>

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# kscd
> kscd is already running!
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] root]#
>
> It makes no difference if I have a music disc in the drive or not.
>
> Grip has no problem accessing the drive and playing the disc, but I
> cannot use kscd.
>
> How can I find out what is occupying the device, because I don't
> believe the above message
> Or rather if it is occupying the device it is in a background way. At
> the moment I cannot launch kscd to play a disc.
>
> Any ideas ?
>
> John

I get this:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] frans]$ kscd
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel(): call to deprecated
action.
[...]
[EMAIL PROTECTED] frans]$ killall kscd
[EMAIL PROTECTED] frans]$ kscd
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel(): call to deprecated
action.
kdecore (KAction): WARNING: KAction::plugAccel(): call to deprecated
action.

etc etc ...

I have no idea what's the matter :(

HTH,

    -Frans

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+- Business Computer Projects - Disclaimer -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

This message, and any associated attachment is confidential. If you have
received it in error, please delete it from your system, do not use or
disclose the information in any way, and notify either Tony S. Sykes
or the postmaster <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  immediately.

necessarily the views of Business Computer Projects Ltd., unless
specifically stated.

Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that emails and their
attachments are virus free, it is the responsibility of the recipient(s)
to verify the integrity of such emails.

Business Computer Projects Ltd
BCP House
151 Charles Street