On Friday 19 September 2003 11:49 pm, Iwan Binanto wrote:
> You right, I have a /dev/sda. I was creating an fstab
> entry, and I did a step by step howto mounting a
> mass-storage. But I still cannot download and mounting
> this camera as a mass-storage.
> My machine say (on monitor) that it cannot detecting a
> valid fs (--FAT ??). I tried to use
> vfat,autofs,ntfs,ext3,ext2,and more. And the answer is
> same:cannot detect a valid fs.

The filesystem needed is dependent on what type of camera since the camera is
the device that is actually formatting the media.  My Kodak uses a 12-bit FAT
filesystem.  It might help if you told us what type of camera you have so
that we can do a little googling for others that may have howtos available.
> Hhhhhhhhh ....
> Make me headache and broken heart.
> *Or maybe "usb-storage module" not yet supporting my
> camera ???

That is a possibility.  What type of media does it use?  I have a HP
multifunction printer that you can actually plug most smart media into and
pull the files directly from the printer.  That might be an option you can
use if you have major problems with the camera.

--
Bryan Phinney
Software Test Engineer