On Thursday 18 September 2003 05:44 pm, Bryan Phinney wrote:

> For the meantime, I would recommend removing any hpoj package on your
> system and leaving the printer-filters package installed, you should then
> be able to print to your printer but not scan from it.
>
> Hopefully, once a newer stable version of hpoj is available, you will be
> able to both scan and print.

For anyone else with an HP printer, the current latest version of hpijs which
is HP's print driver is available from their site 1.4.1 and I just downloaded
it, applied a patch to improve the quality of black printing when printing in
color and compiled it and it worked like a champ without any extra effort.
The quality is markedly better with the patch because it uses only the black
ink cartridge to print in black instead of mixing from the color ink
cartridge.

If anyone wants links or details, just drop me a line.  I might also consider
building an RPM for those of you who want it with the patch installed.

--
Bryan Phinney
Software Test Engineer