On Sunday 28 September 2003 03:12 pm, rikona wrote:
> Hello newbie,
>
> I got 9.0 in a box when 9.1 was just coming out. After a period of
> learning, I tried to get some additional programs for 9.0, but found
> almost all were for 9.1, and some did NOT work with 9.0. It was as
> though the 9.0 code had dried up and blown away.
>
> I'm running 9.1 now. How long will it be before the same thing happens
> and 9.1 code becomes hard to find?
>
> I've been getting others interested in Mandrake. Many are fed up with
> the Win problems and want a change. They are VERY newbie-ish though -
> some even have trouble running Win. Should I give them 9.1 (more
> stable?) or 9.2?

Rikona:
Start them in 9.1 so that you'll be better able to answer their inevitable
pleas for help. You can introduce them to 9.2 after you've had a chance to
become familiar with it, and thereby earn yourself further guru points. My
experience has been that each new Mandrake version is a marked improvement
over its predecessor, but there are always some gotchas that take a few weeks
to get sorted out.
-- cmg