HaywireMac wrote:

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 13:46:59 +0000
John Richard Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:

Well I don't see how I'm going to be able to put the case to my local
MEP. I mean I'm no expert, and he/she is no expert and they have to
put some sort of a case to the legislators to get them to listen.

http://petition.eurolinux.org/reference/law.html

So the ethos of that argument is that that you cannot patent code it's something akin to a writer publishing a piece of liturature, it is his work, but it's not a novel invention . Have I understood it correctly ?

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]