On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 11:04:39 +0000
John Richard Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:

> I guess that this needs a project team from the EU law dept to come
> down to grass roots level and discuss what needs to be done to
> strengthen the right of GPL products users rights in law.

ROTFLMAO!

Oh, wait, yer serious...

They are going to have to brought down kicking and screaming, no joke.
These people have a vested interest (money, jobs, power) in avoiding
interaction with us at any level. Hence the EU reps and their flappers
did *not* complain once about the high-powered lobbyists buzzing about
them like gadflies, but complained much when they were "harassed" by
opponents of the "legislation". Lobbyists give them nice things, we only
give them headaches.

There is enough info out there on the net already for people to prime
themselves for this debate, we don't need more lawyers, we need more
informed and vocal citizens, and if they don't listen we start messing
up their beds. ;-)

--
HaywireMac
Registered Linux user #282046