On Thu, 2003-10-09 at 06:32, julian wrote:
> [...snip]
thanks for the explanations, Julian.
picking up the process where the trouble starts:

> ./configure
> (this prepares for the actual build. It may fail if you don't have the
> particular software development packages that it needs installed. If
> this happens you need to install those packages and run ./configure
> again)

Here's what I got:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] dia-0.91]$ ./configure
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr//bin/install -c
checking for working aclocal-1.4... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake-1.4... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cl... no
configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
See `config.log' for more details.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] dia-0.91]$

so now I need to go through and install each of those 5 lines with the
word "working" in them?
What about the "gcc", "cc" and "cl" - are they programs I have to
install too?

And those last 2 lines make me wonder too: does Mandrake come with a "C
compiler" already installed? I had a look in config.log but as far as I
can see it only has some entries about LICQ, nothing about dia-0.91.
Should I post it here?

--
Merlin Zener
Piano, Synthesizer