On Thu, 2003-10-09 at 06:35, Derek Jennings wrote:
> [...snip]
>
> Merlin
> If you want to install dia just Open your Mandrake Control
> Centre>Software>Management>Software Install
> and type dia in the search box .
>
> You will find it is already on your CDs

Hi Derek, thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately I don't find it in there: there are only three results
that come up: DansGuardian, diald and kdemultimedia-devel. I also tried
searching directly on the CDs using "find files" and came up empty. I
have Mandrake 9.0 - perhaps you have a later version?

> [...snip]
>
> While it is fun and a great learning experience to compile your own code, it
> is not actually necessary nowdays. There are a gazillion precompiled packages
> for Mandrake easily available.
> Quite a lot of them are on your CDs.

What I'm looking for is something that will let me make simple drawings
of boxes [and basic shapes] with text in them, and lines and arrows
going from the boxes to other boxes. Like:

source ---> preamp ---> EQ ---> line mixer +---> out 1

                                           +---> out 2

etc.
Can anyone offer any suggestions?

--