On Thursday October 16 2003 11:10 pm, Dennis Myers wrote:
> >     As I started off with, this bittorBS is new to me, never
> > been a fan of p2p anyhow. There's a growin consensus of docs,
> > FAQ's, an smart BT people tho. Use the list archives, cooker,
> > expert, an newbie, Club links, plus Google for people smarter
> > than me.
>
> So I have finally given up, I will wait till the durn thing is on
> the regular mirrors. I never was able to connect to a tracker and
> found nothing to help or even mention my problem on the mail
> lists or forums.  Not a big deal, I have 9.2 cooker running on
> another machine, I don't know how to make  a set of disks from
> that, or I would to upgrade the other two machines. But they all
> run without a problem so why am I in such a hurry to have the
> latest and greatest?  Call me "he who could not track down a
> tracker" : ) --

   When BT froze (not BT's fault), I rebooted to change some bios
settings for the ram. I've since learned why BT wouldn't start up
again after I rebooted. My connection is dynamic, and my IP had
changed when I reconnected.

    You need to d/l a new mytorrent-<userID>.torrent file every time
your IP changes. Otherwise you'll get that 'can't connect to
tracker' error.  Somehow I missed that instruction, but luckily
d/l'd a new torrent file on a hunch ;)

    AFAIK, to make your own CD's you need to d/l the entire 9.2 tree
and use 'mkcd' to create CD's from it, specifying size (650, 700
mb).  You'll need to look for and study any docs you can find. I've
never done it.  Probly be easier to make a floppy image and do a
ftp install.  Tho I've never done that either ;)

   Just another comment:  Over 4,400 people have gotten the complete
iso's, but only 318 are currently still online to upload them to
others.  That's not very nice. Seems a lot of people got theirs and
then selfishly disconnected.  The torrent idea depends on people
staying online .... specially after they're d/l is complete.
  http://torrent.mandrakesoft.com:6969/