Sharrea Day wrote:

Recently I used a friend's optical mouse while fixing their PC. As I'd never used an optical mouse before, I was not impressed with it in either Windows or Linux. In both OS there was a noticeable delay before the cursor actually moved (and it was not a slow system).

Just curious as to whether all optical mice are like that because I'm looking for a cordless mouse for another friend and have noticed that there are more mice to choose from in the optical range.

So can anyone tell me if your optical mouse causes a delay before the cursor moves? TIA.

Sharrea

I have a Packard bell optical mouse which can be either ps2 or usb and mine works well in mandrake on ps2 setting.

I don't think there is any reason why opticals should not work just as well as the old types.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]