On November 3, 2003 12:45 am, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Monday 03 Nov 2003 1:29 am, John Wilson wrote:
> > If I have to wait till year's end for either the download or the
> > CDs to come out, about half way through the release cycle, I'll
> > have to, with incredible regret, reconsider my devotion to
> > Mandrake.  Such things are unacceptable.
>
> What's so bad about what you already have, that waiting another few
> weeks for 9.2 would make life unbearable?
>
> > Let's hope that Gael was talking about something else. :-)
>
> He probably was
>
> Anne

For me there's nothing wrong with it.  I also have been with MDK long enough
to realize that release time is a time for rumours, things which don't work
quite right yet, a few dozen patches in a very short length of time, and then
5 months or so of pure OS and distro bliss till we go through it all again
:-)

Please notice that I said "incredible regret".  Right now I support two small
businesses and nervous nellies who are a bit uncomfortable without the big,
smothering arms of Billy to go running to.  They're still newbies in the
serious sense.  I get panicy phone calls about things like this.   And no
matter how many times I ask if they're system has crashed yet (none) or that
their spanking new Evolution doesn't lose emails the way that Outlook does or
that they aren't relentlessly spammed or port scanned anymore things like
this upset them.  So if I do move it won't be because I'm dissatisfied.  It
will be because I have to support another distro.

Of course if they go back to Windows they're on their own :)

ttfn

John