On Friday 07 November 2003 09:44 pm, Dooggie wrote:
> error message:
> /sbin/insmod/lib/modules/2.4.19-16mdk/kernel/drivers/net/sis900.o.gz/lib/mo
>d ules/2.4.19-16mdk/kernel/drivers/net/sis900.o.gz: init_module: No such
> device.
> Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including
> invalid IO or IRQ parameters.

Where is the card mounted? Or is it a built in ethernet card?  Looks like a
possible IRQ conflict. So if it is a plugin card move it to a new PCI slot
but not the one next to the AGP slot. If it is not a plugin card move one of
your other cards or change a slot IRQ  and see if the bugger comes up.  You
can do an "ifup eth0" in a su console also and see what happens. HTH
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842