On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 05:57:17 -0800 (PST)
Tango Echo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> error in exec of stage2 :-(
> trying to execute '/usr/bin/runinstall2' from the
> installation volume,
> the following fatal error occurred
> FATAL ERROR IN STAGE1: I/0 error
> I can't recover from this.
> You may reboot your system.
>
> I tried reburning the CD from the ISO and tried
> installing on a different computer (both are Compaqs).
>  I'm going to guess the ISO is bad and I need to
> download it again. But I'd like to make sure here.
> Any suggestions?  I for the ISO from the secsup mirror
> if that matters...

To check the iso's download the md5sum file from the ftp site, I dont
remember how to use the file but it checks the iso's to verify proper
size and stuff.  I had the same problem but i got hold of a bad batch of
cheap cd's (dont buy cheap cd's they suck) and i had only three out of
20 that were any good.

Regards,
Dan Gordon

--
Thu Dec  4 09:46:39 EST 2003
 09:46:39 up 31 min,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.04