On Thursday 04 December 2003 02:50 pm, Dan Gordon wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 05:57:17 -0800 (PST)
>
> Tango Echo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > error in exec of stage2 :-(
> > trying to execute '/usr/bin/runinstall2' from the
> > installation volume,
> > the following fatal error occurred
> > FATAL ERROR IN STAGE1: I/0 error
> > I can't recover from this.
> > You may reboot your system.
> >
> > I tried reburning the CD from the ISO and tried
> > installing on a different computer (both are Compaqs).
> >  I'm going to guess the ISO is bad and I need to
> > download it again. But I'd like to make sure here.
> > Any suggestions?  I for the ISO from the secsup mirror
> > if that matters...
>
> To check the iso's download the md5sum file from the ftp site, I dont
> remember how to use the file but it checks the iso's to verify proper
> size and stuff.  I had the same problem but i got hold of a bad batch of
> cheap cd's (dont buy cheap cd's they suck) and i had only three out of
> 20 that were any good.
>
> Regards,
> Dan Gordon
instead of enter, hit f1, and type "linux noapic mem=xxxM" considering the
instructions about shared video memory and reduce the amount of system memory
based on how much memory you give to the (onboard/shared memory) video card,
so a box with 256 memory installed, and using 16 megs for video would say
'mem=240M' .