Happened to me also with the downloaded images, more or less the same error. I powered off and tried again and it worked ok. I had to repeat the installation the day after, this time it worked immediately ok.

I don't know what happened. The system is an oldish AMDK6-2/550 with 128Mbyte RAM, for what it's worth.

raffaele

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi all,

I just downloaded Mandrake 9.2 and tried to install. I am brought to the inital splash screen where I hit
Enter to continue. Next I see the text fly by but am
stopped by this error:

error in exec of stage2 :-(
trying to execute '/usr/bin/runinstall2' from the
installation volume,
the following fatal error occurred
FATAL ERROR IN STAGE1: I/0 error
I can't recover from this.
You may reboot your system.

I tried reburning the CD from the ISO and tried
installing on a different computer (both are Compaqs).
I'm going to guess the ISO is bad and I need to
download it again. But I'd like to make sure here. Any suggestions? I for the ISO from the secsup mirror
if that matters...