On Sunday 07 Dec 2003 1:27 pm, Lanman wrote:

> You might be surprised to learn how many people think computers are
> intelligent, simply because
> they are so hard to learn ! I get that very often ! Once I explain
> that a significant amount of the
> complexity is due to the fact that computers are essentially
> stupid, things usually go better!

I'll own that for a long time I told people that computers were
logical, and could not do whatever it was that was totally illogical.
Eventually I came to see that we had passed a point of complexity at
which apparently illogical things do happen because of interactions
that we may be totally ignorant or unaware of.  Now I just say that
they are supposed to be logical, but accompany it with a wry grin.

> I've recently hired someone who may be able to help with the Twiki
> pages. He actually starts
> tomorrow morning, and I'm thinking that this would be a good
> exercise for him. I know Tango
> Echo personally, so I'll contact him to get things started. Chances
> are he's already seeing this
> post anyways.

I'm going to be away for a few days, but I'll look forward to seeing
things appearing soon <g>  Another ally is always welcome.

> By the by, I've already turned off the Reply-To. Assuming that me
> DNS gets fully propogated by
> tomorrow, I'll be back on the list with my original email account.

Sounds good.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302