Greg Meyer wrote:

On Monday 15 December 2003 03:56 pm, John Richard Smith wrote:

Greg Meyer wrote:

On Monday 15 December 2003 04:52 am, John Richard Smith wrote:

Has every single one of us on the list forgotten how to do this properly
?

John, I just jumped in on this thread, but it *is* the bootsplash that is
giving you the blue background. I am not talking about the LILO
bootsplash screen, but the bootsplash package that gives you the blue
screen during boot. Just urpme bootsplash and you should get what you
want.

really,

just put up a terminal and,

urpme bootsplash

and all will be restored ?

Hell, lets try it

Well Greg, Half a success.

It has removed the gui blue screen shutdown,and return to B/W ,
but , not the gui blue screen bootup.

Hmm, what man pages governs this ?

Okay, now I recall that the bootsplash graphic is now stored in the initrd, and you may have to regenerate it after removing the bootsplash package. The syntax is

mkinitrd -f <name of initrd file> <kernel version>

Why this is so hard, I don't know

Do you mean like this,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] boot]# mkinitrd -f initrd-2.4.21-0.13mdk.img vmlinuz-2.4.21-0.13mdk
/lib/modules/vmlinuz-2.4.21-0.13mdk is not a directory.

No I don't think I understood.

John

--
John Richard Smith