On Saturday 20 December 2003 22:43, Charlie Mahan wrote:
> I think the whole point HarM is that he has no network connection until he
> installs the nvnet drivers.

Actually my point was that; To get proper answers you need to ask the proper
questions.

I've no experience with nforce boards either but I did notice the "build"
errors which pointed to the kernel-source not being there.
I just went through the same thing with Veclinux.
Why the sources aren't on a mini distrib I can understand, why they're not on
Mandrake by default is still beyond me.

We go over and over this same mess again and again, when it comes to Nvidia
(or other proprietary) drivers. One can't expect linux-newbs to know that
they have to install the kernel-source but they do get tar.gz packages and
srpm's to install from all over the web or magazines.

Good luck,
HarM
--
Registered Linux User #197998