> From: "Lance Benton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: 2003/12/19 Fri PM 06:33:37 CST
> To: "Mandrake Linux Newbie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: [newbie] nvidia nforce2 drivers - how to install?
>
> I'm starting this over as the last attempt to post failed miserably.
>
> Distro: Mandrake 9.2 Download Edition - Clean Install
> I currently am not booting into KDE, but it is installed
>
> Hardware:
> AMD XP 2600+/333
> K7NCR18D-Pro (Leadtek nforce2)
> 1GB PC2700 DDR333
> Maxtor 40GB ATA133
> Radeon 9700
> ASUS DVD-E616 (16x/48x)
> LiteOn LTR-48126S (48x24x48)
>
> What is the best way to install the nvidia nforce (motherboard) drivers?
> Their site has several suggestions, has anyone had success with any of them?

I am running 9.2 on an ASUS A7N8X Deluxe mobo with nForce2 SPP and nForce2 MCP-T
chipsets on the north and south bridges, and 9.2 detected and uses all quite well with
no trouble.

I am not sure that you need to install the drivers from NVidia, as they are
precompiled as kernel modules for you to use.

Now for NVidia video cards there is something to do to use the NVidia drivers rather
than the open source alternative, and we have discussed that around and around here.

Rob

Rob