On Wednesday 24 December 2003 15:14, John wrote:
<quote>
Anne
I don't have the gui,only command line. I had tried hardrake as you
suggested last week. It recognized the cdrom but the files had
changed. Harddrake listed: new devfs device:
/dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/cd; old device file: /dev/scd0. The
old device file was the default setup when I installed md9.1. I don't
what caused the change. When trying to access I get the error message
could not enter /mnt/cdrom. There were some changes to the fstab file.
I was going to change the file where you suggested but didn't have
time and now I don't know how to proceed from the command line. I am
using a laptop xp system now to correspond(definitely not preferred)
Thanks for the response.
<unquote>

John, when you reply to an email with a sig, remove it.  The two --
are treated as separators and everything below gets removed when you
try to reply, in kmail and a number of other mail clients.

It should be possible to change the fstab with vi.  I'm no expert, but
you can get by in emergencies with only a very few commands.

Launch it with
vi fstab
(you'll need to be root, of course)

To go to edit mode you can choose
a - for append
i - for insert

To for insert here.

Navigate with arrows

When you've done you go back to command mode with Esc

Save your work with
:w

and quit

:q