On Wednesday 24 December 2003 14:28, John wrote:
> I need help getting use of my cdrom. I asked last week and didn't
> have time to make changes to the fstab file that I received from
> Anne and another before installing the xfree security update. Xfree
> was removed and now I can't use the cdrom either. I have md 9.2
> coming any day now and this seemed to be a good time to switch.
> System would not boot to 9.1 cd when restarting and I don't know if
> the 9.2 cd will work. Any help would be appreciated.
> Best wishes for the holidays
> John

For XFree86, the links have been mended now, so it should be possible
to urpmi XFree86 from the command line.  If it returns a whole list
of packages and drops back to the command line, try to identify which
ones will be the most important.  Install them by urpmi, and with any
luck they will pick up the other essential ones as dependencies and
install them for you.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302