On Wednesday 24 December 2003 17:56, John wrote:
> > did you become root john? and did you cd to /etc before vi fstab?
> >
> > HTH and Merry Christmas!
> >
> > ronald
> >
> > ronald
> > thanks for response. I had changed to root but not to /etc. Did
> > as you suggested.Came up with the following:
> > /dev/hda1 / ext3 defaults 1 1
> > none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0
> > /dev/hda6 /home ext3 defaults 1 2
> > none/mnt/cdrom supermount dev=/dev/scd0,fs=auto,ro,--,
> > iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0
> > none /mnt/floppy supermount
> > dev=/dev/fd0,fs=auto,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,sync,codepage=850.uma
> >sk =0 0 0
> > none /proc proc defaults 0 0
> > /dev/hda5 swap swap defaults 0 0
> > This file doesn't list the changed file shown by harddrake which
> > was /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/cd. Are there any changes
> > to make here?
> > Thanks for the help
> > John
>
> Chage /dev/scd0 to /dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/cd
>
> Anne
>
> Hi
> Changed file and saved according to earlier instuctions. Tried to
> mount cdrom and got the message can't find cdrom in /etc/fstab or
> /etc/mtab.
> Thanks
> john

John, did you say you were running 9.1?  I've never seen this
behaviour in 9.1, though I have seen threads about 9.2 using this
kind of naming.

I think it's time to take it to the expert list.  At least you will
double your chances of it being read by someone who recognises the
problem.  Sorry I wasn't much help

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302