The computer states that I am using, physical memory is to high. I have 512mb of memory installed. It says there is 508mb installed and the physical memory being used is around 500mb. There is only 8mb of physical memory left. The processes are using alot of memory. The average amount for the more maing processes is 12mb. Here are examples:

-kdeinit: kded
is using
Total=11.9
RSS=11.9
Shared=10.2

-kdeinit: kdesktop
is using
Total=17.8
RSS=17.8
Shared=14.9

-X
is using
Total= 165mb
RSS=36.7
Shared=5.7

I looked for a memory configuration program, couldn't find one though. The swap is 1.4gb and is not being used at all. There is no shared memory, there is only one user account and the root. The disk buffers are changing in between 14.15mb-14.20mb and disck cache is staying at 306.79 (during using the computer in the current session regulary for five minutes). If someone knows how to correct this problem will they tell me?

This may help with correcting the problem. I did have 1024mb of memory installed, The same thing that is happening now was happening when I had 1024mb of memory. That is the reason I tried 512mb. When 1024mb of memory was installed the system monitor(s) said there was 872mb. The physical memory being used then was around 868mb.
From,
Steven

Take advantage of our limited-time introductory offer for dial-up Internet access. http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup