On Monday 12 January 2004 10:10 pm, Frank Bax wrote:

> In MCC rpmDrake, I searched for 'cups' and noticed several packages were
> not installed, so installed them.  The next time I ran PrinterDrake, a
> bunch more (6 or more?) packages were also installed.  Now I am able to
> select my printer type, but get the same error as before - just one step
> later.  I do not have the skills to troubleshoot this with manual setup of
> CUPS.  I think its time for wipe/load.

That is always an option but you may not have exhausted the possibility of
manually selecting the printer.  Go to Configuration, Printing, CUPS WWW
admin tool, click on Manage Printers, Click Add Printer and login as root.

Enter the name, location and Description, click Continue.  Select Device, I
assume parallel port #1.  If connected to the router, choose LPD/LPR Host.
Select Make, Continue, Model, Continue and you should get that the new
printer has been added successfully.  Now try to print and see what happens.
If you get an error, you may want to check software installation and make
sure that you have the cups, cups-drivers, and cups-common packages
installed.

--
Bryan Phinney
Software Test Engineer