At 08:03 PM 1/12/04, Bryan Phinney wrote:

On Monday 12 January 2004 10:10 pm, Frank Bax wrote:

> In MCC rpmDrake, I searched for 'cups' and noticed several packages were
> not installed, so installed them.  The next time I ran PrinterDrake, a
> bunch more (6 or more?) packages were also installed.  Now I am able to
> select my printer type, but get the same error as before - just one step
> later.  I do not have the skills to troubleshoot this with manual setup of
> CUPS.  I think its time for wipe/load.

That is always an option but you may not have exhausted the possibility of
manually selecting the printer.

OK, I'll defer that option for a little while...

Go to Configuration, Printing, CUPS WWW admin tool

An error occured while loading http://localhost:631/: Could not connect to host localhost (port 631)

In case someone can determine that more packages are missing from my system, I did a list of packages (rpm -qa | sort) on a similar 9.1 system and the problem 9.2 system - then created a nice table to compare them. It will be at this site for a few days:
MDK91: http://www.execulink.com/~fbax/MDK92upg/rpmSandy.txt
MDK92: http://www.execulink.com/~fbax/MDK92upg/rpmChris.txt
Compare: http://www.execulink.com/~fbax/MDK92upg/Mandrake_rpm_list.htm

Frank