On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 08:46:37 -0500
Frank Bax <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>At 01:26 AM 1/11/04, jason pearl wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 00:14:38 -0500
>>Frank Bax <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> >Printer port was already set to ECP+EPP.  I tried all possible settings
>> >anyway with same result.
>> >
>> >I plan to use a dlink 704P to share the printer, but that is not
>> >auto-detected either.  When I disable all three autodetection options, then
>> >locally connected is the only option presented for manual setup, so I
>> >thought I would try to configure printer locally, then change connection
>> >type to remote.
>> >
>> >Frank

>> locally to

the answer is basically open the cups configureation and then choose expert in the
menu bar at the top... then ad printer. It will then give you about 4 choices. choose
the remote lpd printer . then put the ip of the print server (mine is 192.168.1.10) it
goes as the hostname. then on dlink it uses port names instead of numbers..the second
line get the name of the port you setup in the printserver config. mine is
hp_printer... then go on with the configuration and choose your printer type and it
will work. I have the d-link DP300U print server.

--

jason pearl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>