On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 09:24 am, many eyes noted that Mike Adolf wrote:
>  I am going to give Debian a try. I know, it is more nuts and bolts than
> Mandrake, but I am not looking for something that's easy, just applications
> that work as the interface implies.  I am not burning bridges. Who knows,
> maybe I'll return to mandrake.
>
> Thanks to all who gave me assistance :-)
> mike

Good luck Mike,
                                Debian is good, and not as difficult as everyone
thinks but if your using
stable to do:- "just applications that work as the interface implies." Then
you will be a bit behind what is offered here. Most certainly in GUI stuff.
If you want to be at the cutting edge of Debian, you will be just as you are
here, with some things that you have to work round to get doing they should
and you want. One is not better than the other, it just depends where you
want to be in the pipe?

Have fun though.
Charlie.
--
Over the ages you have followed objects,
Never once turning back to look within.

- Kuei-Shan (771-854)

This email is guaranteed to be wholly Linux Mandrake 9.1, Kmail v1.5 and
OpenOffice.org1.1.0