Hello,
I got my sidewinder joystick and SBlive gameport working with bascule's help
by adding: "emu10k1-gp" & "joydev" to modules.   ..  and from "googling"
found this added it to modules.conf...  " alias char-major-13 analog "
rebooted ..
then... $modprobe joydev
then... $modprobe sidewinder
in that order.. it works.
I've been trying to get these modules loaded in module.conf but with no
success. I've tried alias, probeall and modprobe ( which is a bad idea ) and
read .. re-read the man pages, so what's the proper syntax for these command
lines in modules.conf ? is this the correct file to add them to ? or would it
be module. ?  I tried different methods but to no avail.
I'm not understanding somethings about the module loading, so can any one help
please ?

TIA
--
RickS