On Saturday 31 January 2004 01:56 pm, bascule wrote:
> you need to list the modules in /etc/modules
> lines like:
> alias char-major-13 analog
> go into /etc/modules.conf
> i'd try without adding that line alias... line first, just to check if it's
> necessary, i don't have it for loading the analog module on my machine
>
> bascule
1st , thx for replying 8)
/etc/modules. looks like this now
        scsi_hostadapter
        nvidia
        emu10k1-gp
        joydev
        sidewinder
and I commented the alias line from modules.conf
then reboot ...
$ lsmod  .. shows ..
sidewinder                      9848   0  (unused)
joydev                          7136  0  (unused)
input                           5696   0  [sidewinder joydev]
emu10k1-gp           2184   0  (unused)
gameport                3268   0  [sidewinder emu10k1-gp]

It doesn't seem to create the dev node this way.
I tried a number of different ways but didn't write them down 8(
do I need analog also ... I will soon 8)

although, I really don't need the joystick loaded all the time and could just
modprobe them before starting any games which require it, but its bugging not
to know how to set this up to load at boot ...

--
RickS
Linux user #338463 - Mdk 9.2