you need to list the modules in /etc/modules
lines like:
alias char-major-13 analog
go into /etc/modules.conf
i'd try without adding that line alias... line first, just to check if it's
necessary, i don't have it for loading the analog module on my machine

bascule

--
'I don't see why everyone depends on me. I'm not dependable. Even I don't
depend on me, and I'm me.'