----- Original Message -----
From: "Glenn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, February 14, 2004 16:51
Subject: Re: [newbie] Screensavers

On Saturday 14 February 2004 21:30, you wrote:
> No I havent tried because while I know mandrake was likely derived from
RH.
> RH-7.2 is several years old and will not install on this equipment.
> Therefore I am skittish, for that reason. As a matter of fact I couldnt
> get it to work on a 586, but the screensaver was great. I guess if I cant
> find out how to get the files I need for the other one I'll have to try.
>
> Regards;
> Hoyt

I've got 20 different screen savers listed in my 10.0rc2 configuration
without
having to take any special steps.  Maybe I missed something way early in
this
thread, but where are the KDE packages falling short?  I can't remember
exactly which package(s) contained all of these savers, but "KDE" and "art"
were in the name, IIRC.

I've even got a slide show saver cycling through a series of Rocky Mountains
shots I took last year.  Something soothing about that.

Glenn

I dont know what happened to the rest of the screensavers but I cant find
them and cant download any from mandrake (urpmi screensaver).  But that
slide show saver is exactly what I want.   At the same time gnome has a
variety when involking screen lock,  but will not engage a screensaver
normally.  If I knew why I'd be an expert.
Regards;
Hoyt