On Thursday 26 February 2004 13:01, Hoyt Bailey wrote:
> Thanks David,  I must have installed kdearts because I now have a lot of
> screensavers and they work.  except for the one I wanted 'slide show'.  See
> my later post I am unable to select the file that contains the
> screensavers, there is just no contact, and I do know how to get these
> installed normally. I can do setup but when I get to the directory it is
> emply in the setup but there are 122 images in the directory when I do a ls
> or dir on it.  If it wasnt digital I'd say it was illogical maybe strange
> is the right word.

Hmmmm.  In my last reply about this situation, I told you that mine came up
blank, too.  I figured that was the only problem you were having.   Even
without the image names showing in the file listing, clicking on OK (IOW,
picking the entire folder, which shows in the "Image folder" area of the
"Setup Slide Show Screen Saver" window) gets me in like Flynn.  I see the
images cycling through the preview area of this window, whereupon clicking
"OK" takes me back to the main Screen Saver configuration screen.  Voila,
I've got a slide show screen saver.  Is this really not working as advertised
for you?

Glenn

--
16:28:08 up 23:39, running Mandrake Linux release 10.0 (RC1) for i586, kernel
2.6.2-3mdk

There comes to all races an ultimate crisis which you have yet to face
.... One day our minds became so powerful we dared think of ourselves as gods.
                -- Sargon, "Return to Tomorrow", stardate 4768.3