----- Original Message -----
From: "Anne Wilson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2004 13:06
Subject: Re: [newbie] Screensavers

On Thursday 26 February 2004 20:01, Hoyt Bailey wrote:

> Thanks David,  I must have installed kdearts because I now have a
> lot of screensavers and they work.  except for the one I wanted
> 'slide show'.  See my later post I am unable to select the file
> that contains the screensavers, there is just no contact, and I do
> know how to get these installed normally. I can do setup but when I
> get to the directory it is emply in the setup but there are 122
> images in the directory when I do a ls or dir on it.  If it wasnt
> digital I'd say it was illogical maybe strange is the right word.

Hoyt, as I told you before, the slideshow works fine for me, both in
9.1 and 9.2, so I'm left with wondering what the difference is.  I
don't know whether file size is relevant - how big are your images?
The only other thing I can think of is are you certain you have
permissions for the directory that they are stored in?

I developed the screensavers using gimp under RH-7.2 and have used them
under several distros.  The main directory /screensavers is owned by root
and group users.  The files are owned by me and group users and yes I am a
member of group users.  I know slideshow works fine it was the program I
developed the screensavers for,  but it dosent work under mandrake except
for some people.  One told me that it worked fine for him and then went and
checked what screensavers he had and found that his listing in the control
center was 4 and slideshow wasnt one of them but it still worked. I'm sorry
to be contrary but it dosent work for me and I cant figure out why.

Regards;
Hoyt