Charlie Mahan wrote:
Thursday 19 February 2004 9:33 am, Lanman wrote:

On February 19, 2004 11:09 am, Charlie Mahan wrote:

That's been a "feature" since at least 9.2. Probably earlier, I can't
recall precisely when I first encountered it Maybe 9.0 or 9.1?

I thought everyone knew about it.

Regards;
Charlie

Not everyone Charlie. Sigh! But it IS pretty kewl, eh?

When I start thinking like that ("I thought everyone knew...") it reminds me that I'm assembling, installing, upgrading, and configuring, _*way too many*_ systems again.

Hobby? Yeah.....sure...if you say so. <g>

Always for other people. One of these days, maybe, if I find the extra cash and the time....

I like what I've seen of Mandrake 10 so far. Except I'm not seeing any smoking performance increase and I can't make a 2.6 kernel boot under any circumstances on this old POS.
I had a problem with the 2.6 kernel not booting after I did the first boot after the upgrade. I rebooted into the "old-linux" kernel which came up as 9.2 and it then said that it found a mouse. I told it ok, and viola, been using 2.6.2-3 ever since.

Troy