Hoyt,

Let me recap to see if I understand correctly:

- the grub menu presents you with two installations, 9.2 and 10.0
- when you select 10.0 the boot begins but for some reason it hangs at some point
- when you select 9.2 grub loads 10.0 anyway (and ends up as above)

I do not think the superblock error you see is related to the above, looks more like when you installed grub something was not done right and you ended up with two entries linking to the same kernel image (10.0). The loader I use (lilo) does not have the intelligence necessary to do the switch you suggest, I assume it is the same for grub.

You could try to use the "reinstall boot loader" of the rescue disk:
1. boot from the MDK9.2 cd1
2. at the splash, type F1, then rescue
3. at the menu, select "reinstall boot loader"
This should search for existing boot images on the disk and reconstruct the lilo (or grub) loader. But, I have never done it so I cannot tell you how effective it is.

Another thing you can try is to select "mount existing partitions under /mnt" at point 3. above. This will let you access the uncorrupted partitions from the rescue disk, and then you could try to modify fstab to avoid loading the corrupt partition. But this option depends on how familiar you are with the command line, and with the linux configuration files.

I don't remember where fsck is located in the rescue disk, but I am almost sure I had e2fsck in the path. Try it out, it's the same as fsck if you are using ext2 or ext3 (the default installation).

It's not much, I hope others have better ideas.

raffaele

----- Original Message ----- From: "Raffaele Belardi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>