On Friday 05 March 2004 03:29 am, Chuck Mattsen wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-03-04 at 22:37, Glenn wrote:
> > ... (the best I'm getting now is ~10K down with ~25K up.)
>
> About the same here ... now I feel better.  :-)

   Search the archives for this list or expert. Many includin
myself have explained how to limit upload bandwidth. Hint: you
need to reserve some of your upload width, in order to download
at full speed.

    I got all 5 Power Pack iso's yesterday, two torrents runnin
simultaneously (3 CD set + the extra 4 and 5) at about 145K/s
down. Upload was limited to 6K/s up each for a combined 12K/s.
Since then I've restarted both uploads at a combined 20K/s. My
1.5mb/256k aDSL is good for 160K/s down, 26K/s up max. So keepin
6K/s up for myself leaves my connection 100% usable.

    I'll probly continue to upload for a week or so, or until
demand drops way off.  Torrent heavily depends on people
continuing to upload after they've got the iso's.  And it also
spares the donated mirrors from gettin /.'d
--
      Tom Brinkman                 Corpus Christi, Texas
               Proud to be an American