On Saturday 30 August 2008 06:03 am, anton wrote:
> Big hairy things!
> ARGGGHHHHH! My one real wish with 3.2 was to put the KDM blues (having
> to use GDM) behind me. Alac, alas, not to be! The piece of )*(&)*^ still
> doesn't work (for me)! It will log me into a desktop now (before, with
> 3.1.3, not even that), but only Ice. No KDE, no Gnome. What? Why? How?
> GDM, however, does it just hunky dorey! If Gnome didn't suck so bad I
> would, well, use it!
> Any ideas on why KDM has suckiness embedded deep within it are most
> welcome. Cheers
> Anton
> -=-=-
> ... I want a VEGETARIAN BURRITO to go ... with EXTRA MSG!!

I dunno....just updated my 9.2 workstation here with the community release
of 10.0 and KDE 3.2 is blazing! In fact I read some of the reviews written
by folks who had done the 10.0 install and was a bit skeptical about the
increased speed of 10. No longer...I've seen it with my own eyes, and I'm
lovin it!

Good job Mandrake!
--
Mark

"If you have found a very wise man, then you've found
a man that at one time was an idiot and lived long enough
to learn from his own stupidity."