On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 08:13:42 -0500
JoeHill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Also, IME, VCD output is rather blocky, not good quality at all. I
> always use the -svcdout arg. It takes about 48 hours (and takes up 2
> CD's) on this poor old

I'm trying svcdout now. Original is a DIVX pulled off of Usenet. My
first encode, after running the mplex gave me a flick where the audio
isn't exactly in sync with the video, and that's been happening on a lot
of the vcds I've been doing (which isn't a lot). I thought that's the
reason behind having to do -vfr 1. When I try the command again, it's
not complaining about the framerate, it's complaining about the aspect
ratio.

If I could keep the dialog from being out of sync, I'd pretty much have
things cooking rather well. IME, disk size is a problem - you have the
AVI, plus intermediary files (mpa, mpv), mplex output, cd image, etc.
All that takes up a lot of space - it would be nice to chain all this
stuff together using named pipes :).