On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 13:14:41 +0200
rhein disseminated the following:

> Hello,
> I tried to install openoffice quick launch...
> when I'm in console and running the configure script I get this error
> message.
> checking for gcc... no
> checking for cc...no
> checking for cc...no
> checking for cl...no
> configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
>
> What does it say in english??? :-)

You need, as others have pointed out below, gcc. However, you will very likely
need a lot more than that, so:

Go to Mandrake Control Center --> Install Packages --> click the arrow beside
'Development' --> check the box beside 'Development'.

There's prolly a whole whack of stuff it's going to install, best to have it all
if you are ever going to be building from source.

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046