Derek Jennings wrote:

On Friday 19 Mar 2004 14:50, rhein wrote:

Alaa The Great wrote:

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 13:14:41 +0200

rhein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello,
I tried to install openoffice quick launch...
when I'm in console and running the configure script I get this error
message.
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc...no
checking for cc...no
checking for cl...no
configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH

What does it say in english??? :-)

that you need to install the package gcc

urpmi gcc

should do the trick, but if you truely have no development packages
installed at all there will probably be more missing dependencies.

hint, if ./configure asks for a library try

urpmi library_name-devel

cheers,
Alaa
- --

Thanks for the tip but now I have this error message:

checking for X... configure: error: Can't find X includes. Please check
your installation and add the correct paths!
[EMAIL PROTECTED] oooqs-2.0.3]#

what is it?
Not easy installing a small soft!
Bye
Christophe

No. That is why rpms are so nice.

Whenever a ./configure fails read the error messages carefully. They will usually mention a file name, or a package name. To find the missing package do

urpmf string
where string is the file name(or part of it) mentioned in the error message.
Then install the '-devel' version of the package which contains that file.

In this example it simply says it cannot find X Well obviously X is installed, so it must mean it needs 'XFree86-devel' Install that then try again.

derek

Thanks to Derek I installed the xfree devel package...
I started the install over and a new error message asking me to install Qt3...
Since I learned that the soft has to be installed I go to rpmdrake to do it... So many entries I choose the main one with the dependencies...
After I go back to my console and start over again to install the quick launch...
Same error message... So I go back to rpmdrake and select all the Qt3 packages left.
And I get the signature error message. I pass and then I get an other error message... end of the story.
Could some one tell me what this Qt3 is for and give me the list of the packages to install?
I promise to use rpms all the time :-) But in this case there was none!
By the way I don't understand why this quick launch is not coming with open office like under windows (Ups I said it ;-) )
In the meantime I'm going paragliding for a change.
Have a nice Sunday
Christophe