On Friday 19 Mar 2004 14:50, rhein wrote:
> Alaa The Great wrote:
> >
> >On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 13:14:41 +0200
> >
> >rhein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>Hello,
> >>I tried to install openoffice quick launch...
> >>when I'm in console and running the configure script I get this error
> >>message.
> >>checking for gcc... no
> >>checking for cc...no
> >>checking for cc...no
> >>checking for cl...no
> >>configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
> >>
> >>What does it say in english??? :-)
> >
> >that you need to install the package gcc
> >
> >urpmi gcc
> >
> >should do the trick, but if you truely have no development packages
> >installed at all there will probably be more missing dependencies.
> >
> >hint, if ./configure asks for a library try
> >
> >urpmi library_name-devel
> >
> >cheers,
> >Alaa
> >- --
>
> Thanks for the tip but now I have this error message:
>
> checking for X... configure: error: Can't find X includes. Please check
> your installation and add the correct paths!
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] oooqs-2.0.3]#
>
> what is it?
> Not easy installing a small soft!
> Bye
> Christophe

No. That is why rpms are so nice.

Whenever a ./configure fails read the error messages carefully. They will
usually mention a file name, or a package name.
To find the missing package do

urpmf string
where string is the file name(or part of it) mentioned in the error message.
Then install the '-devel' version of the package which contains that file.

In this example it simply says it cannot find X Well obviously X is installed,
so it must mean it needs 'XFree86-devel'
Install that then try again.

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net