On Sunday 21 Mar 2004 04:40, rhein wrote:
> Derek Jennings wrote:

SNIP
> I started the install over and a new error message asking me to install
> Qt3...
> Since I learned that the soft has to be installed I go to rpmdrake to do
> it... So many entries I choose the main one with the dependencies...
> After I go back to my console and start over again to install the quick
> launch...
> Same error message... So I go back to rpmdrake and select all the Qt3
> packages left.
> And I get the signature error message. I pass and then I get an other
> error message... end of the story.
> Could some one tell me what this Qt3 is for and give me the list of the
> packages to install?
> I promise to use rpms all the time :-)  But in this case there was none!
> By the way I don't understand why this quick launch is not coming with
> open office like under windows (Ups I said it ;-) )
> In the meantime I'm going paragliding for a change.
> Have a nice Sunday
> Christophe

QT is a Window toolkit. It is what KDE is based on. You did not post the exact
error message, but I would guess it is asking for libqt3-devel

It seems Openoffice has a -quickstart feature built into the Linux version.
If you run it with 'ooffice -quickstart'  when you first start your session,
then ooffice will run in background. The next time you start ooffice
normally, then it will appear almost immediately.

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net
http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org